Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Sad Day

In regards to my earlier post about the three stray dogs, its with a sad heart to report one was put to sleep today. We arent entirely sure which, but we are pretty sure it was the healthiest; the pitbull, Georgia. She was a beautiful tan fur, tan eyed pit bull with a loyal heart. She was desperately looking for an owner to follow and give affection. Poor Georgia.

The Doberman was sent to another shelter for rehabilitation, while the shepard is being held still after they found a micro chip. They are trying to piece the puzzle together to find out the history of the dog.

I cannot being to express the anger, and pure hatred I feel towards the former owner (former because they were spineless enough to go to Animal Control and sign over their ownership after being served warrants for cruelty to animals).

Anyone who is reading this can join me in October for a day of Volunteer training at the Animal Control Center. With this training, you can be called upon for help at their shelters. Even if you can never make it when they call, just to have the training to take care of the dogs is help enough.

Oh, and if your wondering, I've let my letter writing skills do the talking in a "note" to the former owners of the dogs. Good luck sleeping again...assholes.

1 comment:

Stephani said...

OMG...I love that you sent a letter to those heartless a holes!!!! I will take that class with you...forward me the details..