Tuesday, October 12, 2010

House Sitting

I have been house sitting for my parents for 16 days now.  I was really scared for a few days- the lab, Veeda, is 11, and her hips are less then useful.  I almost feel like getting her a doggy wheelchair would do her a major service.  Then the cat, Lonnie, he's 15. He's a jerk. But something wasn't right about Lonnie for a while. He had a really glazed look in his eyes, which i learned was due to the fact that he's been given sedatives. Um, ok....?  And now, we come to Sue Mae- affectionately nick-named, Stinkface, or Stinks for short. If the nick name doesn't say enough for you, well, she smells. She's not a very tidy dog. She has a lot of furry fur, and things (poop) gets stuck in it, food gets stuck in her face. Its not pretty. So, when her and Lonnie caught a bug, I was in hell.  There was crap all over the house, Stinks stunk, Lonnie was a walking turd machine.  I posted an ad on craigslist for a demon-possessed shih-tzu and a half-baked kitty.  No one responded, so I went to the vet and got some pills. Things are looking up, of course, on my last day of house sitting. 

Overall, however, it was productive.  New shower in one of the bathrooms, powerwashed the entire house, cleaned up the "wrath" plus some- just an overall spring cleaning- late.



I picked up my wedding dress. My friend Steph and I, and her daughter Bailey made the road trip to KC to pick it up. It was a great time, and we really got to get caught up.  And, we stopped at the American Girl Doll Store for Bailey. While she wasnt terribly interested in the dolls, she sure liked their strollers.  So, she got a stroller, and Steph got her a bitty baby. Very fun indeed! Can you tell her finger shows her excitement!

No comments: