Monday, December 20, 2010

Resolutions

This weekend John and I stopped by his mother's house to get the slideshow of our wedding pictures she ordered, and burn a few copies for friends and family.  John's mom wasn't home, so I asked John where she kept all her photo albums. Sidenote: How do I even know she has photo albums? The woman is so organized, and is a perfectionist to an almost anal degree. I guessed correctly. John told me to look in the cabinets under the bookshelves, and sure enough, i found about 20 leather bound albums, perfectly labeled in clear view by date.  I was green with envy. So I pulled out john's baby pictures, and was totally mesmorized. I feel like I got to see him grow up, and see his family in a new way. I saw his loving mother with him in every perfect picture, while his father was behind the lens. Funny, too i noticed, when his father was in the picture, the photo was always blurry! I bet this drove him nuts!  Anyway, I decided at that moment, to make photo taking and organization a new priority.  A problem I have with capturing candid shots is my camera is less than candid. Its a rather large SLR, so I decided to invest in a point and shoot and keep it close at all times. I've also resolved to have all of my photos printed on a monthly basis and keep a running photo album.  I think these memories are so important, and are becoming a forgotten hobby.


Also, in the news: My sister is coming home for Christmas. She'll be home Thursday, late, and we're very excited. Let's hope the weather cooperates.  Friday, we finally get to see Charlotte after 2 long weeks away at "boarding school".  We sent her to an intense training school to hopefully break her of her dog aggression, which we could see was also becoming aggression in general.  We have missed her so much- so much where I may or may not have done a drive-by just on a whim she would be outside. I'm bad.

No comments: